If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (503) 652-3997

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Safety Tips from SERVPRO

3/13/2019 (Permalink)

Following these safety tips from the National Candle association allows you to safely burn candles in your home:

Before Lighting

  • Time the wick down to ¼ inch
  • Use long matches or lights when lighting the candle.
  • Keep clothes and hair away from the flame
  • Burn candles in a well-ventilated room, but away from drafts and vents.
  • Always place candles on a heat resistant surface

While Burning

  • Don’t move the candle while it is burning
  • Always keep the candle in your site
  • If the flame becomes to high, extinguish the flame immediately
  • Never use a candle as a night light

When Extinguishing

  • Use a candle snuffer to put out the flame
  • Never use water on a candle
  • Make sure that the candle is completely out before leaving the room
  • Do not touch or move the candle until it has cooled out

Please take these safety tips seriously to protect yourself and your home. If you do experience fire or smoke damage from a candle, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley at 503-652-3997. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you when disaster strikes. We will make it “Like it never even happened."

Other News

View Recent Posts