Candle Safety Tips from SERVPRO
Following these safety tips from the National Candle association allows you to safely burn candles in your home:
- Time the wick down to ¼ inch
- Use long matches or lights when lighting the candle.
- Keep clothes and hair away from the flame
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated room, but away from drafts and vents.
- Always place candles on a heat resistant surface
- Don’t move the candle while it is burning
- Always keep the candle in your site
- If the flame becomes to high, extinguish the flame immediately
- Never use a candle as a night light
- Use a candle snuffer to put out the flame
- Never use water on a candle
- Make sure that the candle is completely out before leaving the room
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has cooled out
Please take these safety tips seriously to protect yourself and your home. If you do experience fire or smoke damage from a candle, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley at 503-652-3997. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you when disaster strikes. We will make it “Like it never even happened."