Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After the initial inspection and damage assessment by our highly trained technicians, the water extraction process will begin immediately. Leaving standing water can cause further damage which is why it is important to SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley to remove standing water as soon as possible. SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley uses specialty pumps and truck mounted vacuums to suck out the standing water on your surfaces. SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley is capable of removing water from any service, including carpet, hardwood, vinyl, and all other surfaces. SERVPRO of Milwaukie/Happy Valley can also extract water from your crawlspace.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Milwaukie / Happy Valley can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.